Do you want to set up your Rockspace WiFi extender via re.rockspace.local? If yes, then you need to follow installation and configuration steps. The following guide will help you in this process.
- All you need is an ethernet cable.
- Most of the package products come with an ethernet cable but you will need to buy a new one.
- Take one end of the ethernet cable and connect it into the internet port of the extender.
- At the back side of the rockspace extender you can easily find the internet port. The remaining end will go to the WAN and internet port of the modem.
- Now, pick another ethernet cable connected with the LAN of the computer which is easy to you.
- Take the opposite end of the ethernet cable and connect to the extender’s LAN port. The Color of the LAN port is normally yellow.
- With the help of a power adapter you can turn on your extender. Put a plug of adapter into a power slot of range extender and take it to the electrical power outlet of your home.
- It should be at a halfway location of your home. The light of the extender blinks in solid white after this you will need to press the power button which is behind the power slot.
- Now, switch on your modem also. Put the power line adapter in the plug which you mainly got with the modem.
- Connect the power cable of the modem to the power slot and switch on your modem. The light of the modem should be solid and doesn’t matter any color of LED.
- Open a web browser from that device by which your rockspace extender setup is connected.
- Go to the address bar of the web browser and type re.rockspace.local. After that click on the OK button and you will reach re.rockspce.local window.
Default Credentials Change
Change Your Password Or SSID
When you go to the configuration page of the extender, then you will need to reset the username and password. You have to change your current credentials to make something unique and personal. From the page of the configuration re.rockspace.local jumps to the administration page of the menu. You can see this option under advanced panel settings of the rockspace extender.
- Now, click on the next option, which is the system tab. Heither, you can change the login credentials of your extender very easily.
- In this you will also find the option to change the SSID of your Rockspace WiFi extender.
- First, you should change your SSID. After that, you can type the default username and password of your WiFi extender.You should type your password two times in order to avoid mistakes and enter the right password.
- Click on the apply to save the settings of your Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Note that the default SSID and password which we use in the Rockspace extender setup process is not your wireless credentials.
Change The Username
- When you login to re.rockspace.local the admin page of your extender successfully, then you will get the details from the right panel.
- You will need to type the new network name for your extender in under the section of wireless name and SSID.
- Type that name which you have not found in your area. Otherwise it may create confusion for you.
- The admin username is required to set the both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless bands.
- It is completely your choice, that you want to keep a different user name or the same user name for both of the bands.
- After that, during the whole process you can click to save the settings which are made by you.
After changing the Rockspace extender login password it becomes important to change the username and SSID of your extender. It is that name which you see in the list when you are searching for a WiFi network in your home. From the wireless connected device you can search it.
In this post, we have given you the knowledge about Rockspace extender setup. We have given you many tips which will help you to fix your problems.