Users of QuickBooks Desktop get frequently hindered by technical errors related to Company files. One such error related to the company files is QuickBooks error 6073.This error may either occur due to a damaged company file or in situations when the File has already been accessed in some other computer. If you are seeking avenues to eliminate this QuickBooks error from your computer, read this article until the end. If you have additional queries, you may call our experts . On that supportive note, let us explore the common reasons behind this error. Following that, we will review the solutions to rectify QuickBooks Error 6073.
What causes Error 6073 in QuickBooks?
Before moving on to the methodologies for fixing this error, users should have an idea of the various causes leading to this error. The same is given as under:
- Accessing the company file in single-user mode on a different system.
- The company File might be placed in a read-only network folder.
- Using multiple sets of login credentials.
- The error occurs if the shared folder is hosted on a Linux server.
- Damage caused to the company file is another potential reason.
- The user is still logged in on the host PC.
- The network may be having issues.
Also read: QuickBooks Error code 6143
Solutions to obliterate QuickBooks Error Code 6073
The various causes discussed in the previous section should have given you an idea about the source of this error code. Let us now focus on different solutions to combat this QuickBooks error. Go through the solutions one by one and perform the steps in the same sequence as they are listed.
Solution 1: Run Quick Fix my Program through QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a one-stop solution to rectify a vast array of QuickBooks-associated error codes. One important feature of this tool is the Quick Fix My Program. Users can take advantage of this tool to resolve QuickBooks Error 6073.
- The first step is to set up the QuickBooks tool Hub on the computer. Install it if it isn’t already there on your computer after downloading it from the official Intuit website.
- Soon after, click on the Programs Problems tab in the QuickBooks Tool Hub, then click on the option to Quick Fix my Program.
- Restart the QuickBooks application after the process is finished, then access your data file.
Solution 2: Provide complete Control of the Company file
The error can also be resolved by allowing complete Control of the company file.
- Initially, start the host PC.
- Go to the directory where the company file is located.
- After performing a right-click on the company File, and then select Properties.
- Pick the problematic user and then pick the Security Now click Edit.
- Select the option to Give Full Control and then click on Check.
- Choose Apply, then hit on OK.
Solution 3: Switch to Multi-User Mode to open File on a different PC.
QuickBooks error 6073 can also appear in case the user is attempting to open the File in the single-user mode. The procedure for the same is as under:
- The initial step demands making an exit form QuickBooks Desktop on all platforms.
- Access the File of the company on the host computer.
- On the File menu, select Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Make sure to use a different system for accessing your computer file.
- Restart all workstations if the error code 6073 still persists.
Solution 4: Using host PC for switching to Multi-user Mode
- The first step demands moving to the File
- After that, user is required to choose Close Company.
- Thereafter, Right-click the Company file and opt for Reopening the file. Then, choose the File. Afterward, click on the option to Open or Restore Company.
- Within this option, Open a company file option should be chosen, followed by clicking on Next.
- Select a company file after browsing for the same.
- After choosing Open File in multi-user mode, tap on the option to Open.
At times, the files don’t show up in the original company file folder. For that, the user should enable access to hidden files and folders and then open the files in the multi-user mode.
- This solution requires making an exit from the QuickBooks application on all computer systems.
- After that, use the host PC to open your company File.
- Following that, click on the File
- In the File menu, pick the option to switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Choose the multi-user mode
- Try using a different PC to access the same company file.
- Consider restarting all the workstations if the error still keeps encountering.
Summarizing this article, we have briefly explained the various solutions for tackling QuickBooks error 6073. Be it the procedure to use the QuickBooks tool Hub, enabling full Control of the company file, or accessing the File in the multi-user mode, we have provided an elaborate detail on all the viable solutions to rectify QuickBooks error 6073. We reiterate our unwavering support for you and assure you that our technical support executives are always there for your assistance. You are always invited to call our QuickBooks experts at the helpline 1 800 761 1787 to get answers to all your queries.