Ananda Balasana, performed lying down like a happy child, is very beneficial for your body. Know the right way and benefits of practicing this asana.
You must have seen that when small children are very happy, they raise both their hands and feet and laugh. Do you know that this is a type of yoga, which is called Ananda Balasana or Happy Baby Pose? This asana is very beneficial for relieving stress. In today’s time, whether it is office work or at home, we do not care at all about the way we sit and lie down. If we have to sit for a long time then it is possible that our back and neck may start to ache. Due to this, the muscles of our hips, glutes, etc. also start getting stiff. Due to this, there is a feeling of exhaustion and pain in almost our whole body.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you should learn a Weight Loss Retreat.
You can also call Ananda Balasana a comfortable position, just like the one you sit during a spa, facial, or massage. This asana is very good for the flexibility of your lower body. While doing this, take deep long breaths and try to hold your breath for some time (about 70 seconds). For the first time, you will definitely feel trouble, but gradually you will get used to it. This helps in regulating the amount of oxygen in your body.
How to do Anand Balasana:
- To do this, take a mat.
- Also, take a pillow to put under your head.
- Now lie down on your back and leave the spine in a natural relaxation position.
- In this position, now try to bring your knees towards your chest.
- Try to point your soles towards the ceiling. so that your feet are parallel to your body.
- And your knees should also form a 90-degree angle.
- Now make a circle around your toes or toes with your two fingers.
- If possible, try to pull your feet towards the chest with your hands.
- You will feel a comfortable stretch in this position.
- In this state take deep breaths and stay like this till you take a few breaths.
Avoid mistakes while doing this pose:
- You will get more benefits from this yoga asana only when you do it properly and you will be able to save yourself from getting hurt.
- Many people also raise their shoulders above the ground while doing this asana, which is wrong.
- If your hips are too tight, it will be more of a challenge for you to keep your shoulders down. That’s why you should keep the hips a little loose.
- You have to keep a little gap between your chin and your chest while doing this asana.
- During this, keep your neck relaxed as well.
- Keep your calves parallel to your body so that there is a balance of your whole body.
- Keep taking long deep breaths and try to open your chest as much as you can.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can learn a 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh.
Benefits of Anand Balasan:
- Flexibility and mobility of your lower neck, hips, spine, and inner thighs increase if you do this yoga asana.
- Reduces the pain in your lower back parts.
- It strengthens the spine and is also helpful in reducing stress and tension.
- Strengthens the hamstrings.
- Normalizes the increased heartbeat.
- Reduces fatigue and chills.
- This yoga asana can be done at any time to keep your physical and mental health good.
- It enhances the quality of your sleep.
- By doing this, the flexibility of your body increases. Your risk of getting hurt etc. is also less.
If you want to improve your blood flow and also want to improve your posture, then Happy Baby Pose can prove to be very useful for you. Just keep in mind that if you have any kind of injury or surgery in your neck or waist, then you should not do Happy Baby Pose or avoid this type of asana even if you are pregnant.