Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that uses the study of physics laws and principles to evaluate, design, maintain, and produce mechanical systems. B Tech Mechanical engineers often work with many issues related to thermodynamics, energy, kinematics, and mechanics. We have covered everything about B.Tech. Mechanical engineering will be covered in this article.
Course Name: B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
Duration: 4 years
Basic Eligibility Criteria: 10+2 Qualification from a recognized Board with BPC Subjects or MPC Subjects
Top Entrance Test Abroad: SAT Exam or ACT Exam
India: JEE Main, WBJEE, BITSAT, SRMJEE
Top Job Profile: Mechanical Engineer, Product Designer, Testing and Quality Control Officer, Machine Technician
The average starting salary is INR 2.5 LPA to INR 7 LPA
What is B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
BTech Mechanical Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate program that deals with the operation, manufacturing, and design of various types of machinery and equipment. It essentially provides an insight into the world of production and design and develops analytical reasoning abilities while providing basic knowledge on the functions of machinery and how to deal with related problems. The curriculum is divided into 8 semesters with a balance of theory subjects and practical laboratories.
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering: Subjects offered
Starting from the fundamentals of engineering and going deep into the specialization topics, here are some of the topics offered in the B Tech Mechanical Engineering course:
- Material Power Thermodynamics IC Engine Solid Mechanics
- Fluid mechanics engineering materials machinery electrical dynamics of machines
- Machine Design Heat And Mass Transfer Control System Machine Drawing
- Engineering Mechanics Mechanical Measurements Applied Thermodynamics Basic Electronics Laboratory
- Engineering drawing industrial engineering and operation research electrical science design of machine elements
- Kinematics of Applied Mathematics Automobile Engineering Machinery Computing
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
Like other programs in the list of engineering courses after the 12th, there are certain requirements that you need to fulfill to clear the admission process. Though the eligibility criteria may differ from one university to another, here are some general requirements to pursue B Tech Mechanical Engineering:
- You must have passed 10+2 with MPC subjects.
- If you want to study abroad, especially in USA/Canada, score well on ACT/SAT exam.
- Minimum percentage in English proficiency tests like TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, etc.
- A well-clear SOP along with other required documents.
- If you want to study in India, you will have to clear entrance exams such as JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, or other examinations specified by the state government or chosen university.
As mechanical engineering is applied to the core production of diverse industries, it opens up a large number of job profiles in different work areas. Individuals can choose to work with production, and design or they can choose to pursue academia with postgraduate courses like MTech/MS in Mechanical Engineering/MBA, etc. Here are some major career opportunities after completing BTech Mechanical Engineering:
- Research Assistant
- Product designer
- Testing and Quality Control Officer
- Machine technician
- Senior Engineer
- Project manager
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Scope:
After completing this degree, mechanical engineering graduates can choose to work or pursue further education. After completion of a BTech Mechanical Engineering degree, the following educational options are most common. MTech: For those who wish to continue their studies in the same field, the first program option is Mechanical Engineering MTech. The prerequisites for this two-year program are BE or BTech in Mechanical Engineering. The admission process for this program, which is one of the most preferred Masters of Engineering programs, is very difficult.
B Tech Mechanical Engineering is a versatile career option that takes you towards unexplored areas and new challenges in the fields of production, design, and structural engineering. Upon completion of a recognized university, you can take your career to new heights.
Apart from this, you can do a course in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. And it provides information on the development, testing, manufacture, design, maintenance, and operation of aircraft, military aircraft, space aircraft, satellites, missiles, etc.