B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering is a four-year UG engineering course that trains students in the various aspects of electronics and communication engineering
It is a field of engineering that deals with the electronic devices and various communication systems. It covers the areas of telecommunication, computer networks, electronic circuits, etc to name a few.
The course mainly focuses on imparting the student with the knowledge of planning, designing, producing, and testing of electronics and telecommunication devices. It provides a thorough examination of essential electronic devices, communication protocols, and the fundamental programming knowledge needed to optimize these devices.
If you are looking for the best place to study ECE then SGT University, Gurgaon, is the perfect choice. It is regularly featured as one of the Best B.Tech Colleges for Electronics and Communication Engineering .
Why should you pursue B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
The field of electronics and communication engineering has seen a tremendous growth in the past few years. The demand for qualified engineers in this field is on the rise. The scope of electronics and communication engineering is vast and offers a lot of opportunities for those who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career.
If you are planning to pursue a career in electronics and communication engineering, then you should consider enrolling in a B. Tech program in this field. A B. Tech degree in electronics and communication engineering will help you gain the necessary knowledge and skills required to become a successful.
After completing your B. Tech degree, you can either pursue a career in the industry or opt for further studies. If you want to further your studies, then you can enroll in an M. Tech program in electronics and communication engineering and then later a PhD.
A career in electronics and communication engineering offers a wide variety of opportunities. One can work in the telecom industry, computer networking industry, or the electronics industry. One can also opt for a teaching/research/academic career in this field.
Also Read: B. Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
The Career Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering
There are many job options for ECE graduates in both the public and private sectors. Electronics and communication engineering is an essential engineering field and one of the core branches of engineering.
After successfully completing the course, students can find employment in various sectors such as telecommunications, manufacturing, consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, and hardware engineering.
Some of the most popular jobs available to ECE graduates are:
- Telecommunication Engineer: A telecommunication engineer is in-charge of designing, developing, and maintaining communication networks. They work with a variety of communication technologies such as telephone, cable, and satellite systems.
- Manufacturing Engineer: A manufacturing engineer is in-charge for the design and production of products. They work in a variety of industries such as automotive, aerospace, and consumer electronics.
- Consumer Electronics Engineer: A consumer electronics engineer is in-charge for the design and development of electronic products for the consumer market. They work in a variety of industries such as telecommunications, computers, and home appliances.
- Defense Engineer: A defense engineer is in-charge for the design and development of products and systems for the defense industry. They work in a variety of industries such as aerospace, defense, and telecommunications.
- Product Design Engineer: A product design engineer is responsible for the design and development of electronic products. They need to have strong skills in electronics and communication engineering, as well as experience in product development.
- Software Engineer: A software engineer is responsible for developing software applications, API, etc. They require having strong programming skills, and mathematical aptitude.
- Hardware Engineer: A hardware engineer is responsible for the design and development of electronic hardware. They need to have strong skills in electronics and communication engineering, as well as experience in hardware development.
- Systems Engineer: A systems engineer is responsible for the design and development of electronic systems. They usually have good number of years of experience in systems development.
These are just some of the many job options available to a student after graduation in b tech ece. Some of the jobs are open to experienced candidates, while the rest can be done by freshers.
Also Read: B. Tech in Civil Engineering
Top companies that hire ECE graduates
Both private companies and public companies are eager to hire skilled students from ECE branch. Some of the popular private sector companies that hire ECE graduates are:
- Cypress semiconductors
- Juniper Networks
- Samsung semiconductor R&D
- Texas Instruments
Some of the popular public sectors companies in India that hire ECE graduates are:
B Tech ECE Syllabus
In India, the B. Tech ECE syllabus is designed to provide students with a strong foundation in electronics and communication engineering. The course covers a wide range of topics, from basic electronic circuits to advanced communication systems.
The first year of the B. Tech ECE syllabus covers basic topics such as mathematics, physics, and chemistry that is also common to all other engineering branches. In the second year, students are introduced to more advanced topics such as digital electronics, microprocessors, and signal processing. The third and fourth years of the course cover more specialized topics such as wireless communications, optical communications, and microwave engineering.
Also Read: TOP CAREER OPTIONS AFTER BCA COURSE IN DELHI NCR
The B. Tech ECE syllabus is continuously updated to keep up with the latest advancements in the field of electronics and communication engineering. This ensures that students are prepared for the challenges in the job market.
To check the latest syllabus of b tech in ece offered by SGT University (with all the latest updates and revisions, if any) check this page.
Why Choose SGT University for B. Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering?
SGT University offers Bachelor of Technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering, under the Faculty of Engineering and Technology. Compared to other universities, the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering at SGT University is a standout.
- The following are some of the special advantages are available to ECE department at SGT University
- Flexible Research Integrated Credit System (FRICS)
- Project / Research Based Learning System (PBL / RBL)
- Slot Based Time-Table (SBST).
- The curriculum was created with the job market and industry requirements in mind.
- The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering has a strong mentor-mentee relationship program. Direct conversation takes place between students and teachers.
- Project- and research-based learning environment.
- In addition to offering soft-skill training, the placement cell is exceptional and assists students in landing jobs at prestigious MNCs.
To know about the b tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering course fee, syllabus, and admission process, read here.
Enrol now at SGT University and start your journey towards success in Electronics and Communication Engineering. SGT University always helps their students to get placed with top MNCs.
About the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering :
The Department offers undergraduate (UG) B.Tech programs in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), ECE (Smart System), ECE (Embedded System), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE), and EEE (Energy & Power System). Department also offers postgraduate (PG) M.Tech programs in Electronics & Communication Engineering and in Electrical & Electronics with specialization in Mobile & Broadband technology, Telecommunication & Optical system, Digital Communication & Signal Processing, VLSI design, and Embedded Technology, Instrumentation & Control and Power System with the vision of being recognized as a leading Centre of technical education. The Department has strong research programs leading to a Ph.D. degree in all the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering. An immense number of Ph.D. scholars are currently engaged in cutting-edge research in the Department.