Web chat software is a great way to talk with customers and potential customers in real-time. It also gives you an opportunity to make your presence known online, build trust and establish credibility with your audience. But choosing the right web chat software can be challenging. Especially with so many options out there. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of favorite features that all web chat tools should have:
Chatbot is a software that can be used to interact with customers. A chatbot is often employed as a customer support tool, which means the bot can answer simple questions and provide information about your product or service. It’s also commonly used for sales and marketing purposes. As, it allows you to customize the message depending on who is calling in order to generate more leads or sales appointments.
In addition, chatbots can be programmed with artificial intelligence (AI) so they can carry out complex tasks. Like scheduling appointments, processing payments and even making reservations at restaurants!
Smart Notification and Alerts
A web chat software should be able to send you alerts when something happens. This can be a simple notification from your chatbot, or it could be an alert that tells you when someone is online and ready for communication. The best web chat software will make sure that these notifications are sent at the right time and in the right format for your business needs. So that they’re not just another annoying interruption in between tasks or conversations.
They should also have features like configuration options so you can set them up exactly as needed. For example, if there’s only one person who checks their phone often during work hours each day (or even just once per week), then they might want an alarm sent out every time that person logs into their computer before 8:00am; while others may prefer notifications sent every morning at 8:00am regardless of whether anyone else has logged in yet today!
Logging, Auditing and Reporting
Logging, auditing and reporting are all features that help you to improve your customer experience. They also help you to improve business performance and security.
- Logging: This feature allows users to record chat sessions in a database. The logs can be used by administrators or team members in case of any issue with the system or some technical problem occurs during the course of an online chat session. This way, administrators will be able to see what happened during every chat session. So they can take corrective actions immediately without having access directly into individual chats themselves (which could lead them into danger).
- Auditing: Audit logs allow administrators at any given time to review all activities performed by their employees while logged-in within their web chat software application. Such as who accessed what page when someone logged out without leaving behind any information about his account status before doing so etc.
- Reporting: Reports provide additional information about user activity within your company’s web chat software application—such as who accessed which page when logging out; whether anyone else logged on after he/she logged off etc.
Native Apps for Android and iOS
Native apps are the best way to experience your web chat software on mobile devices. They’re faster and more reliable than using a browser, which means that you can use it anywhere without having to worry about any lag time between typing and seeing what you type appear on screen.
Native apps also have better security features built in; because they run directly from Apple or Google Play stores, they aren’t as susceptible to hackers who might try stealing data from users’ computers if they’re using an app instead of a browser-based interface (this includes things like malware). Finally, native apps offer a better user experience overall. The layout is cleaner than with browsers. There are fewer distractions when chatting with friends; plus there are no ads!
Scalability and Integration
Scalability and integration are two more must-haves of a web chat software.
- Scalability: This means that you can accommodate multiple users at once, with minimal downtime or additional costs. In other words, if your company has 100 employees and each one needs an account on the same system, then it’s important for your web chat software not only to allow them access but also to scale easily as needed—and without any negative effects on performance or functionality.
- Integration: Web chat should be integrated with other systems within the organization. So that employees can easily share information between them. For example, if someone wants another person’s opinion on something they’re working on at work (or even just checking in). They might simply ask “Have I seen anything like this yet?” instead of having to make an extra trip back home after lunch time!
Directly Email Transcripts of Conversations
Email transcripts are a great way to keep track of conversations and can be used for training agents, as an audit trail, or as an archive of customer discussions. They provide an easy way to access the information that you need in order to make decisions on your behalf.
- For example: When sending out emails with important news or updates about your company, it’s helpful if they include links back to where you got these details from. This is where email transcripts come into play! You might choose not only what content was included in each email message. But also how much time elapsed between when one happened and when another was sent out. This way everyone involved knows what went on behind-the-scenes during those crucial moments when decisions were being made about how best to move forward with something important.
Statistics of Agent Performance
You can measure agent performance in a number of ways. The most common way is by analyzing the number of agents that have been deployed. This gives you an idea of how successful your software has been at achieving its goals and objectives. You can also track how many users are engaging with the software and what they’re doing with it. This information will help you improve how your agents carry out their work.
Simple, Intuitive Design
A web chat software must be simple and intuitive. It should be easy to use, understand and navigate. The design of your website must be user-friendly so that users can easily find information on their own.
A good web chat software must also be responsive. It should look good on any device and screen size, whether it’s a desktop computer, laptop or smartphone. This is important because not all visitors will be using the same devices to access your website.
Multiple Channels of Communication
A well-designed web chat software is one that allows you to communicate with your customers in a variety of ways. This can include multiple channels of communication, such as phone and email, as well as online chat sessions. You should make sure that there’s an overall solution for all types of customer support or sales needs. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a product that doesn’t meet the needs of your business.
For example: if you run a commercial manufacturing company called “Company XYZ,” then it would be smart for them to have separate domains on their website. So users can contact them via email (companyxyz@gmail) or phone (1-800-COMPANY XYZ). But if they wanted everyone who visited their website but wasn’t interested in purchasing anything from them—or didn’t want any personal information about themselves shared. Then this scenario could be solved by offering only one form of communication at once. An online chat function within the main page itself!
Automated Responses (Auto-Responders)
Auto-responders are automated messages that are sent to customers when they send you a message. They can be used to answer common questions, or provide information about your business.
A good auto-responder will help keep customers informed about your business and make them feel more like part of the team rather than just another number in their inbox or phone call queue.
Web chat software is an easy way to communicate with customers, employees and partners. It can help businesses stay in touch with their customers and employees. But it’s also important to have a chatbot that can keep up with the demands of your business. A chatbot that integrates with other apps (like CRM) will make sure all relevant information is always available at the right time.